Benefits of attending Peer Support Groups
A Peer Support Group can reduce the sense of isolation YOU may feel by providing an opportunity to meet others who understand what it is like to live with fibromyalgia.
Belonging to a peer support group may provide you the opportunity to…
- Gain support by sharing experiences and feelings with others in similar situation
- Learn practical ideas to better manage your condition
- Talk about fears and concerns
- Gather and share information and resources
- Realize you are not alone
If you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (FM) or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), are awaiting a diagnosis or are a loved one of someone living with these conditions and would like more information, you can contact us here, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We also have a wonderful online Facebook support group which counts more than 200 members. This is a safe sp;ace. You can request to join our Fibromyalgia North Bay (FMNB) Support Group here.